Wednesday, December 2, 2009

public transportation



This past week I went to Seattle, to visit my brother Isaac--and it was fantastic, fabulous, restful, and exciting as we explored the incredible city together. Isaac doesn't own a car so we did a ton, a ton of walking, and a bit of public transportation.

And lately, especially the past few months-- I am realizing more and more how much I absolutely love public transportation--buses, trains, ferries, the metro--all of it. The metro especially though. The metro gets me so good. I love the weirdness of it--the stillness of the inside of the metro car, the way people are waiting, waiting, waiting, their hollow blank stares as they zone out the window, and I especially love that contrasted with the changing scene outside the window--wizzing by, not stopping to let your eye catch-up.


1 comment: