Friday, May 29, 2009

Summer Art Blogging Starting in: 5, 4, 3, 2 ...

Ready, Set, Go.

I am an official Art Blogger. I feel like that should be just one word... Bloggart? Artlogger? Argger? I think Bloggart wins. 

So I'm an official Bloggart as of May 29th.

But now to the purpose of this Post/this general Blog...

School's out.

And that means lots of lazy days...
lots of lazy days that can now be transformed into ART MAKING DAYS!

However, I realized I needed to be more intentional about this rather than just having a general loose goal of "Making lots of Art this Summer". Usually I say this and I end up making one, maybe two pieces at best. Therefore, I will describe my debacle in a three part format...

Story: This year I was an Art Major. Therefore... I made lots of art. Lots of it. However... I made no personal art... ever? Yes, unfortunately, I think ever. All year! I only did assignments. Initially it was annoying and then by the end it was just whatever. 

      ... Moral of the story: I need to begin making my own art again, I need to begin exploring things for myself again! 

... Goal, as a result: Make Art, a lot. Random art. Stupid stuff, playful stuff, ugly stuff, beautiful stuff, just stuff! Go to Art Galleries (especially the Johnson Art Museum) and get ideas! Make art, Get ideas, Think lots, and Blog about it.  


In Honor of All of this:
Bloggarting beginning... now.


No comments:

Post a Comment